When to Make a Pediatric Dentist Appointment for a Tongue Tie Revision
As a parent to a newborn, it is important to know when to schedule an appointment with a Pediatric Dentist for a Tongue Tie revision. At Stonebrook Pediatric Dentistry, Dr. Bhaumik specializes in Tongue and Lip Tie revisions using a CO2 laser. The LightScalpel laser provides the child with less bleeding, less swelling, and less invasive than the old school method of snip and stitch.
Dr. Bhaumik works closely and uses a comprehensive approach with Frisco/Dallas area lactation consultants, speech therapists, and Myofunctional therapists to determine if your child is a good candidate for a lip tie revision. There are multiple signs and indicators that your newborn may need a revision, some are visibly obvious, and others are more subtle.
Signs That Your Baby May Need a Tongue Tie Revision
- Your baby gives a clicking or smacking noise during feeding (this may be due to an improper latch so be sure to talk to your lactation consultant first)
- They do not feed for sustained periods of time and is constantly hungry
- The baby is not gaining weight and your milk supply is lowering.
- Your baby is experiencing excessive reflux and spitting up often
- Mom is experiencing creased, flattened, or blanched nipples
Signs Your Child May Need a Revision
- Your child is experiencing trouble with speech sounds and/or speech delay
- They are choking or gagging on liquids or foods often
- Your child is grinding their teeth at night and has frequent headaches or neck pain.
At Stonebrook Pediatric Dentistry, we always offer free tongue or lip tie consultations for your infant or child. You can book online or call us today at 469-384-8130. We look forward to meeting you!